Low Pressure Sewer Systems: Providing a Sustainable Solution for Sewer Renewal (1 HR, 1 PDH, 0.1 CEU: $20)
Traditionally, LPS systems have been used to provide central sewer service to areas where gravity sewer could not be installed, or the cost to do so was prohibitive. Now, LPS systems are gaining growing widespread acceptance in providing a viable and cost-effective alternative for renewal of failed gravity collection sewers and to address problems associated with wet weather events.
Keith McHale, PE, is a professional engineer with more than 20 years of experience in wastewater collection and treatment, including gravity and pressure sewer design, and infiltration and inflow (I & I) evaluations. Keith is the I & I Project Manager for Environment One Corporation. He holds a BS in Civil Engineering from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and is a member of WEF and NEWEA.
* Knowledge of general Low Pressure Operation
* Understanding of common problems in sewers and sewer maintenance
* Understanding of advantages and disadvantages of low pressure systems
* Knowledge of common sewer repair or rehabilitation techniques
* Low Pressure Sewer case studies